Dataset for Ph.D. thesis submission
Reason: Application for restricted access - permanent embargo: all interviews are anonymous out of respect for academic ethics, and the interview transcripts contain information on privacy and personal finance.
Supporting data for "Navigating College Life: A Qualitative Investigation of Student Loan Borrowers in China"
Required qualitative dataset for Ph.D. thesis submission:
· The dataset consists of forty-one respondents who participated in in-depth semi-structured interviews.
· Respondents were recruited from eight educational institutions: three 4-year public universities, two 3-year public technical colleges, two 4-year private colleges (independent second-tier schools), and one 3-year private vocational college.
· In detail, twenty-two respondents were female, and four were from minority ethnic groups.
· All interviews were audio-recorded and later transcribed.
· Interviews were conducted in Chinese, and Word files ( .docx) transcripts were imported into NVivo 11 Plus (Windows) to create nodes (two-layer coding), memos, and thematic maps in NVivo format through reflexive thematic analysis.